This is the sphere in law which regulates the commercial, legal and other relationships between parties (especially businesses) in the corporate environment. It includes the drafting of agreements to record the transactions and dynamics thereof; the commercial negotiations and advice; contract management assistance as well as any litigation which may follow should any dispute arise therefrom.
Whilst the firm, through the respective attorneys forming part of the various departments, advise and assist in specific specialised commercial law fields, generally the majority of the attorneys at Barnard Inc are skilled and trained through experience to act is advising and assisting capacities for client, requiring the legal services pertaining to:
- Drafting of general- and specific agreements;
- Negotiation of contracts;
- Reviewing and settling of contracts;
- Management of contracts;
- Resolution of contractual disputes; and
- Any requirements that corporate entities may have in relation to transactions and business in general.
At Barnard Inc, attorneys are trained and orientated to seek and consider the commercial interest of clients as a priority. Once the commercial interest of a client has been established, the relevant attorney and his team implement strategies – so agreed with the client – to find the best result that caters for what the client wishes to achieve.
Attorneys at Barnard Inc understand and appreciate that clients’ commercial interests – and the results required to be achieved – incorporate the consideration of:
- The monetary result which clients envisage in specific commercial transactions;
- The reputational risk concomitant to negotiation of transactions and commercial litigation;
- Specific nuances and detail forming part of the relationship between clients and their business partners when negotiating transactions;
- The portion of legal fees in relation to the benefit that clients wish to gain through transactions.