STUDENT VACATION PROGRAM DETAILS
We offer two vacation programs, one from 22 to 26 June 2020 and the second one from 29 June to 3 July 2020.
Our vacation programs are aimed at offering law students an opportunity to experience the practical side of the law at Barnard Incorporated; and for our firm to identify potential candidate attorneys to join our firm in January 2021. Only candidates who have attended one of the vacation programs will be considered for articles in 2021. Attending one of the vacation programs would be advantageous for candidates to be considered for articles in 2021.
During the vacation program, students will be exposed to some (or all) of the following by our team of legal professionals (directors, associates and candidate attorneys):
- Legal research
- Court attendances
- Practice management sessions
- Drafting of legal documents
In order to be considered for one of our vacation programs, candidates must be:
- Studying at a South African Institution
- Registered for the final year of study towards an LLB degree during 2020
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR JUNE 2020 VACATION PROGRAM, by no later than 9 April 2020:
- Comprehensive, detailed CV
- Cover / motivational letter
- Academic transcripts of LLB degree up to the end of 2019, including your last examinations;
- Academic transcripts of any other qualifications (undergraduate and others), if any;
- Matric certificate; and
- Copy of ID
Should you not provide all of the above, your application will not be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.